Sunday, May 11, 2008

I demand a recount!

Yeah, it has been a year. Plus some. I wonder why I didn't write more. Okay, I don't actually wonder. I was tired. 3 Babies was ALOT harder than I thought it would be. No, really. ALOT. You don't believe me. Oh well. Imagine you have 8 babies. Then you'd be pretty close to how it feels to have 3. I shudder to think of how it would feel to have 8 preschoolers....no, I won't even think it, that would be inviting trouble.

Well, things have changed. Houston is alot bigger than Provo. Heavens, the population is only a bit smaller than the population of the entire state of Washington. Luckily, there are few circumstances in which I will be confronted with either the entire population or Houston or Washington, so the immenseness of the numbers are kinda pointless. I live in my little area and Jon works nearby, so I am busy pretending the rest of Houston doesn't exist as a real entity, or at least as an entity that I need to worry about. It is like another dimension. So far everything I have wanted or needed to have has existed in my dimension- except for a Papa Murphy's pizza- which doesn't exist in either this dimension or the other dimension aparently. Seriously-the nearest Papa Murphy's pizza is 89.2 miles away. This is a more serious deviation in my little routine and my little world than the uprooting and rerooting some couple thousand miles away. No Thursday Night Pizza Night! No more watching The Office (yes, I will admit, albeit somewhat shamefaced, that I watch the office as often as possible), and ER -and the more recent edition Ace of Cakes on the Food Network, as I scarf down slice after slice of warm from the oven pizza. Sigh. I'd be afraid that I will be able to withstand the hardships imposed on me from the humidity(!)-desert native that I am-just to wither and wilt for lack of take and bake pizza.

Oh well, I have a recipe for pizza crust-made it yesterday actually-90 degree temperatures will not keep me away from the doughy goodness that is pizza. Oh, and it rose ALOT better this time that my yeast actually was alive. I had been wondering why so many of my crusts seemed to be very thin crusted pizza. Turns out things work alot better if you are using yeast from this decade. Who wouldn't thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment