Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Holiday Smoliday

Our first holiday weekend. It sure was a hot one. We had our 9th day in a row of 90 degree heat today. I was a little surprised today to look at the temperature about 10:00 and it said it was 89, but the "Real Feel" temperature was 94. And it sure did feel that way. 5 degrees, and it was only 52% humidity. Right now we are in the middle of a severe thunderstorm warning. Oh well, at least it isn't morning. Sunday morning it rained really good for just a couple minutes before we left to church, then the sun came out. I felt like I was in a greenhouse. The air was soooo wet! And there is still a month until summer!

We did alot though, despite the heat. Texas had a sales tax holiday on any energy star appliances bought this weekend, and so we looked a couple ceiling fans. We didn't find any in our price range that we would get the sales tax break on, but got a couple anyways and wired them to an extension cord so we could plug it in (we were allowed to mount something to the ceiling in our apartment, but obviously, they wouldn't let you cut a hole in the ceiling). None of the bedrooms have a installed light (weird, huh?), so we got a couple light fixtures for the babies' rooms and did the same thing. They do have light switches in all the rooms wired to one of the plugs, so just have to plug it in to the right hole and rewire the light to have a plug and string the cord across the ceiling and voila! Light! Turned out really nice, even though we dont' use them much right now because there is so much daylight.


So that was basically our Saturday, 2 ceiling fans and 2 light fixtures pretty much tapped us out. Sunday was church and Monday we used kinda as our Saturday, cleaned the house and ran what errands were leftover from Friday night. Sunday was busy itself though. Church is 11-2, and then it is 15 minutes home, so by the time we get home it is usually 25 after or so. This week there was a missionary fireside where they were showing the new Joseph Smith picture from the Legacy Theatre which I haven't gotten to see yet. But it started at 5. So we got home at 2:25, fed the babies something quick for a late lunch (we had had an early lunch before church as well), then they went to nap as Jon and I made cookies that I had said I'd bring. Then we made dinner, which was ready at 4:10, and we left at 4:40 to get to the church by 5. I, of course, forgot the cookies. The movie was good though. Made me cry. (surprise). I was so ready for bed by the end of the day. I'm almost glad we don't have holidays every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment