
But Victor is the real question mark. I don't understand him at all some days. I mean there is the normal toddler moodiness- where he is lovey dovey one minute and grouchy the next, or playing with sister and then get upset and angry because something didn't go his way. That is at least understandable. But then the other day he was playing with his blocks and told his dad he was building a fridge. A fridge? Why? I mean he has a pretend kitchen with a fridge already, and another one in Sister's kitchen. A fridge? Or his favorite game right now is to pretend to be a piggy. He'll come up and grunt at you and nuzzle you and even try to bite you as if he wa
s eating you. It's his favorite animal. A piggy. I guess he saw them when we went to Grizz's Farm in Prosser and he loved them, they were big and right there where you could pet. (Colin tried to climb in where he could ride one, but mean old mom caught him). The poor kid. The difficult thing for him is he is stuck between his big sister and little brother, he hovers back and forth between copying Becca and trying to do big girl stuff like dressing up like a princess and having a singing concert and little Colin stuff like crying and biting and reading baby books.It is amazing what entertains the kids. Last night I had a roll of duct tape that I had used to tape the back of the remote on (it was the only tape in the house). Well, I hadn't put it away so the babies were playing with it until I took it away. I was thinking what I could do to entertain them for the last 45 minutes before bed, so I made crowns out of duct tape. Goodness, they loved those. They ran around being princesses, until I convinced Victor that he could be a King instead (he wouldn't accept prince, or knight, or squire or sir, but King he went for). They hung up their crowns on their beds and Becca went to sleep with hers and put them on pretty much first thing today. so much fun for a couple lengths of duct tape.

And then there is Colin. He just goes and goes and goes and goes. And then he stops. It isn't so pronounced as it used to be, but as I sat typing this he was running around like a hoodlum, until he just came into the bedroom and flopped on the floor and fell asleep. Now, there are beds and pillows and couches and chairs all over the place. There is even a nice warm inviting pile of laundry waiting to be sorted in the hallway, and he choose the floor. Bare carpet floor. Granted, the floor is covered with feathers right now, because I shook out the feather bed this morning, but still, hard floor. Perhaps it is time for nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment