Thursday, May 29, 2008
Blah...
Today feels like a blah day. I'm bored. I've been bored since I woke up. Well, that isn't true, it took me probably half hour to work up to a good boredom. I've done most of the little things that need to be taken care of this week, I cut the boy's hair, the laundry is done. The house is pretty well straightened up, it is too hot to cook, and it is pizza night anyways, and it is way too early for making dinner anyways. I could probably write emails, but really, this bored state of mind isn't the best for me to write in, everything ends up so monochromatic, no real feeling behind anything. Ugh. I could probably find something to clean, I guess, but the babies get into everything and would end up spraying windex or 409 in their eye. And one thing I've noticed about babies, especially my babies, is that when you try to clean a space their attention is drawn to that space because that is where you are-and then they decided that space is especially interesting (how could they have missed it before!) and immediately all your work is negated in an especially efficient coup. Sometimes it is even more devious than that. Last weekend we worked on getting our bookcases a little more organized, and Jon took our paperbacks and seperated them into their different series and authors and basic genres. A couple days later, while Jon was at work, Colin started to get tired and was throwing a tantrum because I wouldn't hold him while I was cleaning up the bedroom. He stood outside the bedroom door at the bookcase and would give a especially loud cry, reach up with his right hand to that shelf of paperbacks, look at me to see if I was paying attention and with great purpose, swipe a whole set of the books onto the floor. Since I didn't respond, he repeated this several times, occasionally interspersed with a throw himself back onto the floor to throw a proper fit. After a couple minutes, and nearly a whole shelf of books, I went over, picked him up and put him in his crib. Oh ho hoo, I was not very popular. He went to sleep pretty quickly though. Oh well, time to put on Word World for the babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment