
So ignoring the fact that is a approaching 100 degrees outside on the heat index (which factors in humidity), I had a craving for cupcakes. Actually I just had a craving to make something, usually that would have meant cookies, but 7-minute icing sounded really good, so that meant chocolate cupcakes. Oh course then I had to make the 7-minute frosting too, but that is obvious. They have been sooooo good. It has been a long time since I've had chocolate cake and this icing, Aunt Edie was the one who always made it, and it has been a long time since I was at home at the proper time. I was a little worried at first that the humidity might ruin it, since it is a meringue type frosting, and I was disappointed when it didn't crust over the first night, but it was nice and crusty by morning and I ate way more than my share. The babies seem to enjoy them too. My box made alot of cupcakes and I was afraid that I'd have to send Jonathan to work with a bunch to share, but no worries, they are almost all gone now.
No comments:
Post a Comment