Time for prayer
So Becca woke up this morning and came into my room where I was playing with Colin and watching the news and informed me that she had a dream about the mall last night. She must have really liked that playground. I asked her if it was a good dream and she said i
t was. Then she told me that last night she prayed to Jesus and Heavenly Father to help her go to sleep when she was having trouble going to sleep and then she could go to sleep. Sometimes it is nice to think that perhaps you are at least teaching something. I didn't even realize she was having trouble sleeping last night. Usually I have to prompt her to pray if she is scared of needs some help I can't give her. It was just so sweet. I guess on Mother's Day she got to say the prayer in sharing time in Primary and afterwards Jon and I both got told by several of the teachers that she is the sweetest little prayer girl ever. We asked her what she said and she said that she prayed that all the Mommys would have a good day and we love our Mommys. Victor is trying to lea
rn to pray recently too since he talks more now. I don't hear much but at prayer time he will fold his arms and say phrases like "Dear Heavenly Father," "help us, " "please bless," "family" and "Jesus name, Amen." Colin is the cutest though. He knows when we say prayers and will immediately fold his arms tight across his chest whenever he gets into his chair for dinners or when we are getting ready for family prayers at night. He's even started to not want to sit on mom or dad's lap anymore, but kneel bedside his sister and brother. It is just adorable. But then again, I'm a little biased.
No comments:
Post a Comment