Sunday, May 11, 2008

The cuddlers





So I took pictures of the babies today. They were all dressed up nice for Mother's Day and they were so cute. Jon got the boys dressed in their red vests and he was in his red tie, and so I changed Becca's dress to this cute red one we got from somewhere and I....well I was in my khaki skirt and pink blouse. Yeah, I wasn't part of the family today. But I had already gotten dressed soooooo long ago and there was no way I was going to mess up my hair changing so that we could all match at church today. I decided that would be just a little too much perhaps.

Jon and I gave talks at church today. It was our second, yes, second Sunday in the ward. The babies were wonderful for Jonathan while I spoke. He said they just played calmly with their little Noah's ark magnet set and were just perfect. At the choir number we changed places and I sat with the babies. Well, I guess they must have been tired of good because they gave me an awful time! Colin kept trying to squeeze between the pew and the wall and getting stuck, then scratched on the rough wall. So I went to retrieve him and Victor would see his chance and escape, running up to his Daddy as fast as his little legs would carry him. Colin, similarly, would wait until Victor and Becca would start arguing over something (No! Victor, that's not how it goes!)-probably all planned out and arranged previously- because as soon as I would bend over to hiss at them to hush and get along and goodness, Becca, please, stop being so bossy-and off Colin would go. I picking up a load of magnets and goldfish and strawberry poptart crumbs off the floor at one point and the sweet lady behind me tapped me and gestured to the front of the chapel where Colin is standing, one pew or so from the front, just looking back at me waiting for a chase. Aw well. Happy Mother's Day to me! They do take a good picture though don't they?

1 comment:

  1. oh they're so cute! i love the photos and colin has so much beautiful curly hair

    ReplyDelete