
This is another first of Becca's. In order to keep her even kinda involved I have to constantly try something new. She has an amazingly short attention span, unless you get her excited and entertained, and then she has an amazingly long attention span. We can keep up the writing for nearly an
hour if I do things right. This is her first sentence. "Rebecca is Tall." if you are having trouble. Then she drew a picture yesterday, which she says is of me in my wedding dress, and then today she wrote "Mom is Tall" on it. Really by herself too. She would ask me what comes next and she'd think and tell me what it was, and I'd say yup, and she get excited and write it down. I was a little surprised she remembered how to spell tall from yesterday to today- the side effect to doing things in short pieces and moving on to something else is it takes quite a few times to get anything to stick. If you're lucky enough for it to stick at all. But for now, I'm milking this for all it is worth, who knows how long this phase will last.
No comments:
Post a Comment