Well, the house is not significantly cleaner than it was before Jon went back to work, but it isn't alot messier either. I should probably do a load of laundry, but I'm not really behind, just waiting for a load. The dishes are clean or in the dishwasher (wonder of wonders, what a miracle that machine is!), the pans and things just need to be put away out of the sink drainer. The floor could probably use a sweeping and I suppose things in general need to be organized, but I finally got around to putting away my makeup and hairdryer from Sunday! Yeah, I know, I'm not the best housekeeper.
I'm doing okay. I haven't yelled at any of the babies lately, except when Colin yanks on my hair. On purpose. On a related note, I think I'm going to cut it all off. Short. Short, short, short, short. Not because Colin yanks on it, but because I'm not going to live her in the middle of the summer with my hair on my neck the whole time. Yes, I could just put it up all the time, or I could just cut it. Unfortunately, I've never had short hair (I cut it to my shoulders once....) and so I have NO IDEA what to do and I have NO IDEA of anyone who would know what would look good and NO IDEA of any place that would have someone there who would be trained in helping me decide what looks good. Sigh. Why couldn't one of my sisters have been a hairdresser or something.
Otherwise, not doing too bad, though disillusioned with Comcast since I can't watch my John Adams show on HBO OnDemand since I don't get HBO. I suppose I should have guessed that, but didn't. They really need to give you an instruction guide to your cable, you know?
Anyways, I'd better go and see what I can sneak to eat before the babies decide that what I am eating looks good and they need to have it too, regardless of the fact that they just ate their own lunch and shouldn't be hungry again for another couple hours. Goodness, Becca must be going through a growth spurt, all she does is EAT. For instance, I asked what everyone wanted for breakfast. Victor immediately, for the 3rd day in a row shouted 'Pancakes' (4 days ago was Sunday, and we had pancakes, so he didn't need to shout for them that day). So I gave in and made pancakes and gave them some yogurt to go with it. Becca ate 2 pancakes, plus some of her brothers'. And all the yogurt she could find. And then told me she was hungry not quite an hour later. She's been on this kick lately, too, in which she dips everything in something else. Probably started late last week when we had pork chops and applesauce. From there Jonathan taught her to dip her pizza in applesauce, actually trying to get Victor to try it and and thus actually eat. Victor declared it 'nasty' -( a word I think he acquired from his Aunt Toni and has used to describe several situations now, like Colin putting his juice cup in his yogurt this morning....strangely enough, not a word he uses to describe himself when he takes off his own diaper because he is stinky and then proceeds to finish his business wherever he happens to be. Potty training here we come.) At breakfast this morning she decided to dip her pancakes in her yogurt, which Victor thought was great and actually encouraged him to eat a couple more bites (Go Becca!), and then at lunch we were at it again with Chicken-Os dipped in applesauce. Who knows what will be next- I haven't planned dinner or I'd make predictions.
No comments:
Post a Comment