See, I would have sworn that it was the Wicked Witch of the West who melted, not the Witch of the South, but I would tell you that the last few days has done nothing less than melt my brain into an unrecognizable glob of goo. I think someone needs to write to the L. Frank Baum and correct him. I guess it was written a while back though huh...I wonder who you'd have to get ahold of.....maybe I'll just start a smear campaign and force someone to contact me. Maybe I'll even be able to wrassle some money out of it. Can't quite figure out what to charge them with...defamation isn't quite right, nor libel (or is it slander, I can't ever remember), false report? Well, it is fiction, so duh. Hmmm, I'll come up with something.
It has been ridiculously warm here. I have come to detest the weatherman's smug looks as he nonchalantly reports every morning that it is once again going to exceed 100 degrees with the heat index. Not a big deal, whatever, happens all the time, who cares. I don't go outside anymore, except to go to the grocery store or church. That is about it. Well, I guess we went to Dairy Queen today. It was blissfully cool in there. I just wanted to sit forever. We got our electric bill here and I was shocked. I had already had the thermostat as high as comfortable, so I've been turning up the thermostat little by little, trying to get used to the heat somewhat to save a couple dollars. No need to be miserable, but if I let myself be uncomfortable for a little while I'll get used to it alot sooner. Theoretically.
No comments:
Post a Comment