It has been an interesting time since I wrote. My ants? Well I became slightly obsessive in vacuuming. Seriously. I vacuumed the living room completely at least twice a day, sometimes 3 and the rest of the house at least daily. It seemed to have worked though. They just disappeared on Friday. No goodbuys, no nothing. Just left. This week I got a little tired and lazy and it had been 36 hours since I had vacuumed and one came back. Just one. Bit me on the heel. Didn't sting me, just bit. He got squished. Pretty cruel I suppose, but I don't want him reporting back to his fellows.
It was great to have Jon back home, but it makes it hard to want to do chores. It is much easier to sit and watch TV when someone else is sitting too. When he wasn't home anytime I sat down I felt guilty, like there is something else I ought to be doing. Like putting away dinner or one of the things on my to-do list. I don't think I sat down for more than 5 minutes at a time the whole week he was gone.
Sunday was hard though. They called me into the Primary 2 weeks ago and Sunday they had me sit in on the class I'm going to be teaching. Becca's class. Ugh. Not that I don't like 4 and 5 year olds but I hang around them ALL DAY EVERY DAY. It is going to be kinda hard for me. I was really enjoying my time in Relief Society and Sunday School and I was REALLY REALLY looking forward to Colin going into Nursery and getting a couple hours every week without any babies. Since all the babies are 18 months apart both Becca and Victor went into nursery the week after I had a new baby. So it has been nearly 4 and a half years since I've gone to class by myself on a regular basis, Jon takes a baby occasionally, but usually they are mine. So that was a hard loss for me. Not that I don't like teaching in Primary, I enjoy working with kids, really I do. I just really enjoy time with grown-ups, and I don't get much of that. I'm just kinda selfish I guess.
The Relief Society did ask me to do their weekly newsletter though, which was really nice, mostly that they thought of me. But more than that, I really enjoy it. And it keeps me in touch with everyone and everything that is going on. Which is the point of the newsletter, to keep everyone in Primary and Young Women's aware of what is going on. Plus it is something they can send to someone who isn't able to come to church much. Our ward is a really strange ward. It is huge, numbers-wise, but the number of people who actually come to church is tiny. I was talking the the Relief Society President the other day and she said that they figured once that if they split the entire ward and sent every active Melchezicek Priesthood holder home teaching by himself, he would still teach 16 families. I guess Visiting Teaching is about the same deal. So they've had to do some creative solutions.
Still working on getting our 72-hour kits finalized, I couldn't decide what to get for dinners that I knew could be safely eaten without heating. So many things say you need to heat before you can safely eat them, but I was glad to find out after research that anything Hormel or Campbells makes is safe without heating, so that will be finished after our next grocery list. The ward got together and we got a large order of 55 gallons water barrels, so I have a really good supply of water, or at least I will once I fill it up. One gallon at a time. My next project is to scan all our important documents onto a CD (encrypted of course) and put it in our 72-hr kit, so we have copies if they are ever needed. The Relief Society actually had an activity this week where they went down to someone's office and borrowed the scanner for the evening and had people sign up for time slots and bring their documents to scan. The ward donated the CDs and the Molens donated the use of their scanner at his office. I thought it was a good idea, but I have my own scanner, so I left the spots to someone who might need it more. Plus it is still too warm to go out much, though it at least rains most afternoons now. That's at least something.
No comments:
Post a Comment