And thus it starts.
Jon has left for Toronto. Almost there actually. Continental has this neat tool that has this little plane flying across the country and tells you what his route is and exactly where the plane is right now. At the moment he is flying over Lake Erie. His plane is actually scheduled to land 14 minutes early, which is nice for him I'm sure.
Kind of unexpected though, that he is off today. Until yesterday about 3 we thought he would be flying out tomorrow, Monday, and that we'd have time to do any last minute things Monday morning before the car came to pick him up at 2. Ooops. Car called to confirm the pickup (Exxon is great, they have this safety fixation and don't feel it is safe for people to have to leave their cars in airport parking lots when on company business, so anytime you have to fly somewhere you can ask for a car to pick you up and take you there), and we were a little shocked. First thought it was a error on the car guy's part. Then checked the flight. Uhoh, better check the hotel reservation...make sure you have a room for the extra night. Are you flying home on the right day? Yup. So Jon is on his way to Toronto a day early. Must have been some miscommunication between Jon and the lady in charge of travel arrangements. "I need to be there on Monday," meaning to her that he needed to be there for Monday morning, thus leave on Sunday, not that he needed to arrive on Monday for Tuesday. We've learned a lesson about attending to details and checking dates and such. So Jon missed part of Father's Day, which got me out of making a cake and nice dinner, which would have been fun, but warm. The babies and I had Tuna Hamburger Helper instead. A step or two down, but they are hit and miss on whether they eat much more than their applesauce and salad or green beans anyways. (Colin is the exception, he eats EVERYTHING. If he doesn't eat well for a meal, you can be sure he'll climb back up to the table or counter and find the leftovers and eat them an hour or two later.)
The babies have been pretty good. Victor had a hard time going down for his nap. He was tired, just wouldn't admit it. Colin had a hard time waking up, but that is pretty normal. I think they get awful warm while they sleep, like anyone, so he is fussy when he wakes up for a few minutes. I put on a Vegitales for Becca after naptime to see if that helped Colin calm down and it did. Plus it gave me the time to start the dishwasher and decide what to have for dinner.
Ugh, I feel boring today. Maybe I'll write more later, when the babies aren't needing me so much and I can concentrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment